Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Presentation is Everything

What a Mess! Can't bring that. 
In the scramble to get everything together for TEDxUES, I assumed that the nine foam core panels I'd planned on bringing were in perfect shape.

No Siree!

The reason is moot; I think it's due to the weather. They looked quite terrible, blistered and bubbled through. It doesn't matter. They're prototypes. However, the two panels that have the lambada are fine, so I'm bringing those along with the piéce de resistance, the LED!

The other night, walking home from
the subway, I saw a window dresser
carefully taping where she was going to
paint the floor of a pop-up store.  Would
anyone notice as they passed by?
The idea is for the viewer not to; just to
participate in the experience.
The image came in from Michigan and just holding it up to the window it looks awesome. It's going into the panel tonight and I'll post photos later. The leaflets were printed and they look great. I'm set with transportation so, I'm on a roll.

But here's a muse: Had I discovered the crumpled images earlier, I would have had six reprinted (nine minus the two lambdas and the LED) and spent the week tiling them to--perhaps even a new--foamboard. Yes, prototypes are just that; a learning experience. As I trundle through the steps in the production stage of the installation, the many stumblings are worked out, sometimes expensively, sometimes cost-free through tiny brain explosions. But their presentation must be flawless.

A second prototype phase is planned in the fall with the sound and the units in place, giving me time to redo the laser prints for that occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.