Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Define the word "Finished"

Barely a year since I won my Kickstarter to fund the installation, and almost the anniversary of the Trenton show, nagging whispers of where to go from here--namely in the technology development category--drum in my head.


The viewer response has been positive--enthusiastic, in fact. My intention of creating a surreal environment was realized. Floating sheets of light and melding sound created a unified, varying experience. No one understood what I was doing until they saw it.

The work is done. The installation is resolved. However there are new products to deliver the content more directly, more effectively, namely with the sound and light output.

My biggest complaint of the LED panels is the light seeping in from one side of the panel and the lack of pressure to the front surface. And, my biggest complaint of the sound output was that the deep tones were forgone because the small-sized speaker capacity couldn't vibrate to the low frequencies.

Above, the Color Bluetooth measures 5.3 x 5 in
and weighs 1.25 lbs. (12 x 12.8 cm; .57 kg.)
The one on the left is similar in size and weight.
Enter the new technology, namely a full unit LED by Light Beam Industries and Bose's tinyish speakers, both Bluetooth, providing clean delivery and the ability to position it elsewhere for directional sound.

I'm psyched, though I approach this with trepidation. Time and money, my usual gripes, my usual pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.