Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Till Hohn

Till is a friend of a friend. We met when I stumbled into Berlin one November long ago. I visited with him twice after that, but haven't seen or corresponded with him in years.

He's a genius artist, and I could write many paragraphs about him, but not now.

The reason I bring him up is that I wrote to him around five years long ago about a memory that had resurfaced: the one of the evening I met him. We sat in a restaurant caddy-corner and, in the middle of the conversation, he told me his brother had died. The reason that memory came alive, I wrote him, was that Alex was dying.

He called a few days later, as if he'd just read my letter moments before.
To the right is a picture of the street on which he lives; I wonder if it still looks like this.

1 comment:

Thanks for your feedback.