Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Always thinking

Now that it's time to think of the installation as a whole, prototyping is the next step. I have emails out to a few venues so I can try to structure the nine pieces before installing them. In the coming days, I must get the files together to print BXW (I'd like color but can't afford it at this moment) actual size digital outputs that I can hang from the ceiling for placement and dimension.

Color digital output is about $90 each, $ 810 just to prototype; ouch. Kinko's charges $3 a running foot ( width of one yard ), all three would run $ 72.00, with some patching together.

Depending on other funding, I might be able to afford colorLambda for Less charges .99 per square foot. 4x5 feet = 20. $ 20 for each print? I'm doing it!

Find film and rescan tomorrow or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.