Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

What Keeps It Going?

Made contact with an old friend yesterday on FB. He automatically posted my SIS link on his page. The KS response has been weak, I'm down to the every-other-day emailing.

Others who have done these have told me it comes together at the end, understanding why the recommended campaign is four weeks or less (some have said three is even better).

Others have said that the campaign becomes easier if you have an actual product of it rather than a memento of it (probably why the works in the limited editions have been successful).

I recalled a comment made long ago by the above-mentioned friend when I got up early and went uptown to photograph THE GATES (remember Christo's installation in Central Park?) in the freezing wet snow: "you gotta really love what you do if you get up in the morning to do something without someone telling you to". So, there it is. I love what I do. That's what keeps it going.

The Gates, 2004. Photographed with my panoramic camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.