Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Autumn, Exhibitions and the Water

Something we didn't really think about in the past: The coincidence of the exhibition season with hurricanes. Sandy changed all that.

As previously posted, I had no losses, except for some time and effort; my first prototype exhibition was cancelled. Many well-wishers were disappointed for me, but what I had to lose was some foam core and laser prints. Future exhibitions will make my worries exponentially greater.

Every exhibition space on my radar suffered enormous damage: The big boys in Chelsea, The Gowanus Ballroom, Governor's Island, BWAC and I'm sure, Dumbo Art Center.


Huge inventories of irreplaceable work; one of the saddest casualties is one of my favorite places, Printed Matter. To the left is an image of damaged artists' books alongside one of Joseph Beuys's steles in front of the shop on Tenth Avenue. The water came that far inland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.