Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Prototype Planned

With all seminal work, prototype upon prototype is necessary. SIS demands a lot of attention:
•  The Images: big and suspended, often tossed around for yet another exhibition idea.
•  The Sound: Gotta get to Cornell and talk to the Ornithologists about the bird calls, get to that machine shop to tape.
•  The Electronics: I think I have a new engineer, met with him the other day, gave him an arduino and the schematics. I have to write him a direct scope of work with a time line so he knows what's up.

And today, I'm writing a proposal for the second prototype at the Grace Gallery in the Fall.
The Grace Gallery is a small but elegant exhibition space in the college where I teach: The New York College of Technology. It welcomed the first prototype a few weeks ago, and I want to show it there with all the sound and electronics in place.
It might be ambitious to suspend the pieces from a rig for this showing, but it's in the back of my mind. inching forward daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.