Description



Steel Ice & Stone is a multi-media interactive installation.
Nine suspended LED panels and sensor-triggered sound create an environment for memory recall.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Tip from Charlie Sheen

When I went to the Kickstarter info-session two weeks ago, a suggestion for one of the rewards offered to potential backers was a voice-mail thank you if the project was successful.

Who would want something like that, from someone like me? thought I, cynic that I am. I shrugged it off in disbelief, though a seed was planted.

Hearing that people have hundreds of thousands of followers--celebs, yes, but plebeians?--I was tooling around Twitter, which, to confess, is still a mystery to me (A daily dose of Anita Giraldo's Steel Ice & Stone?  Gimme a break!), when my fingers tapped out the name of the king of all folk heroes: Charlie Sheen.

He has over 9 million followers! Good for him. What I find far more interesting is that he has a mere 1500 tweets. I'm not a particularly curious sort to scroll down to see the history, but seeing his posting pattern, he can go for a week--some times more--without a word.

Anyway, what caught my eye a week or so ago was the still-fresh post saying that Charlie himself would call your mom and wish her a happy Mother's Day. Shucks, I'd wish I known, since my mother has been getting daily doses of Charlie in the NY Post since his meltdown two years ago and she would have loved to hear from him.

I clicked the link directing me to his message (bit.ly/11W4TcD)  and it dropped me on to an entire site dedicated to this activity, with all kinds of celebrities--not just Charlie. Click on the picture of your heart-throb (there aren't as many as you would think), and you're transported to a fan-page with a paragraph studded with pull-down menus to fill in the blanks. The blanks allow you to personalize the message of your choice, and, with a payment of just $ 3.99, Charlie will talk to your mom, wish a loved one a happy birthday, or even urge your coworker into rehab (chortle!).

Now this is a racket!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.